Friday, February 18, 2011

Revolution in Egypt

After 30 years too long, the government was turned over in January of 2011. Many were very happy about this and were given hope. Many felt they were freed. In hard economic times this gave them a bright future to look forward to. The government was put in control of the armed forces. Protests broke out. Much of the protests were peaceful and hopeful. Without a stable government there was a lot of unrest. Some of the protests became violent. In the slideshow there were pictures of the military relaxing because the protests were peaceful. I think that was interesting because normally in a situation this large I feel it is unlikely that the protests would be peaceful. The military was able to keep the protests under control for the most part. Also, in the slideshow I thought it was interesting that the day after the prtests there were many pictures of people working together and volunteering to clean up the area where the protests took place. I think that shows a sense of unity among the people. I also saw young people protesting and taking a stand.  In the video I watched people were raising there hands to speak and people were standing around during the protests. Once again that was surprising to me considering the government was just destroyed. I am scared that this unrest may negatively affect the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment